Tuesday, February 14, 2012

bad dates...

Happy Valentine's Day!  No, this post is not about the perils and pitfalls of a bad date; which given the fact that it's Valentine's Day, could totally be an appropriate topic of discussion.  No, rather than do that I'm choosing to write about one of the true loves of my life.  Who you ask?  Well if you didn't get the reference from my title, that'd be the one and only, Indiana Jones.

Photobucket.

Yes Dr. Jones, that means you.  Ever since the first time I saw Raiders of the Lost Ark, I knew that there was something special there.  If you need to ask why, then I'm not exactly sure what is wrong with you or where you've been since Indy was released in 1981, but I'll explain anyway.

First off he's a total nerd.  He's a professor who super smart, gets super excited about things like discovering the lost city of Tanis, and gets to wear a spiffy bow tie. He finds clues in libraries that everyone else seems to miss.  It's kind of awesome too that he's a hero who is scared of stuff; not something you find all the time. Ask him to land a plane that he doesn't know how to fly; sure why not.  Ask him to come face to face with a snake?  Not really his bag. Hey, if I fell into a vat of snakes as a teenager I'd probably be pretty scared of them too. Clearly despite his fear of snakes and love of reading, Indiana Jones can kick ass.  He can throw some punches, wield his whip, get dragged by a tank, hop onto a horse and ride off into the sunset like the hero he is.  Selflessly brave, not to mention super handsome, and all in the pursuit of knowledge... or you know, the woman he's off to save (or get captured with).

So here's to you Indiana Jones! You've been making this lady smile for quite some time. 
(just stay away from the dates)


In honor of my love for the one and only Indy, I give you "Raiding The Lost Ark: A Filmumentary By Jamie Benning"  I stumbled upon it today and its pretty incredible; a sort of comprehensive commentary on "Raiders of the Lost Ark" with audio clips from the film makers, photos, interesting facts, etc... over the course of the movie. Hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment