Thursday, December 8, 2011

By Leaves We Live

I know its been awhile, but here I am again, hoping to be better at posting more often. 

Today one of my favorite online "personalities" Ze Frank, who I've written about before, posted a link to this article, and I just really felt the need to share it as well. 

If you take a look you'll see it is about a series of a paper sculptures left anonymously in "support of libraries, books, words and ideas" in various libraries, cultural centers, book festivals, etc...  around Scotland.

The sculptures themselves are pretty incredible, and what they are all about is pretty incredible too.  So here is to good storytelling, to the writers that inspire, to the readers who enjoy, and to the anonymous artist for their beautiful work.

Here are a few of my favorites...


"Nothing beats a nice cup of tea (or coffee) and a really good BOOK, except maybe a cake as well"


"a gesture (poetic maybe?)"

"A gift in support of libraries, books, words, ideas..... and all things *magic*"

No comments:

Post a Comment